Deloitte Employer Health Senior Consultant in Boston, Massachusetts
Employer Health Senior Consultant
Are you passionate about delivering service to your clients that goes above and beyond their expectations? Does the opportunity to work with the world's leading businesses excite you? Our Rewards & Wellbeing team helps clients transform their workforce practices in ways that lead to significant savings and gain a competitive advantage.
Work you'll do
As an Employer Health Senior Consultant, you will assist in providing strategic and technical employee benefit consulting services to plan sponsors (e.g., employers, municipal governments, and similar employer-sponsored arrangements).
In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day "brokerage-style" account service to clients as their primary contact
• Build strong relationships with clients based on excellent service
• Prepare self-insured financial projections
• Conduct employee benefits studies (benchmarking, modeling alternative designs)
• Develop plan designs and employee contribution scenarios
• Manage/conduct RFPs for medical, dental, pharmacy, life and disability programs
• Review and negotiate premium rate/administrative fee renewals
• Prepare client presentations and reports (generally in PPT)
• Assist in mentoring junior resources on project team
• Conduct other general health & welfare consulting activities, as required
The Workforce Transformation team
By helping our clients excel in Workforce Strategies, Rewards & Wellbeing, Leadership & Learning, we empower HR to help the business achieve its strategic objectives in performance and growth.
• 4+ years of brokerage and/or health/welfare benefits consulting experience
• Underwriting experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of health care plan design
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to travel up to 20% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Knowledge of other health & welfare benefit plans (e.g., life, disability, dental, etc.)
• Comfort with Total Rewards programs (compensation, retirement, etc.)
• Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
• Be comfortable with ambiguity (and able to pivot)
• Strong critical thinking and technical skills
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and follow through
• Master's degree or CEBS is a plus but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.