Deloitte Data Scientist-Consultant (ConvergeHealth) in Boston, Massachusetts
Data Scientist -Miner Suite Product Development Team for ConvergeHEALTH, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Data Scientist for ConvergeHEALTH, Deloitte Consulting
As a data scientist, you will be aligned to the product development team of the ConvergeHEALTH's Miner platform. ConvergeHEALTH is a part of Deloitte Consulting's Platforms practice, and supports the information-based transformation of healthcare by enabling healthcare and life sciences organizations to answer the "hard questions" in healthcare-what works, for whom, why, in what context, and at what cost? ConvergeHEALTH Miner™ platform helps life science companies support their evidence strategies by providing enterprise data management and analytics capabilities for information generated throughout their evidence lifecycle from translational research to clinical trials to real world evidence (RWE).
You will be working with an innovative product development team to build and enhance the Miner platform and data analytic workflows needed to power insight generation, with a specific focus on developing advanced data science and statistical methodologies, and effectively integrating them into product development to demonstrate value for clients.
We expect you to have:
• A BA/BS in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Bioinformatics, or a related Quantitative field
• 3+ yrs. of hands on experience as data scientist
• Experience in languages commonly used for data science/statistics, such as Python or R
• Experience with various methods for epidemiological studies (i.e. retrospective cohort study, case control study, confounder adjustments, regression models etc.) or HEOR methods (Comparative effectiveness analysis etc.)
• Working knowledge of health care datasets including electronic health records, claims, clinical data registries, genomics, patient generated health data etc.
• Hands-on experience/projects involving real-world analytical problems using machine learning and solid understanding of statistical methods and modeling
• Experience with SQL, Big Data and RDBMS (SQL Server, Postgres, etc.), with an emphasis on data wrangling and data exploration
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• The ability to work well independently and as a team player
• Excellent conversational and written communication skills
We'd love you to have:
• A graduate degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics, Bioinformatics, or a related Quantitative field
• Background in biology or medicine, either through education or through professional experience.
• Experience with BI/analytics tools, such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar tools
• Experience in cloud-based data science eco-systems such AWS, Azure or GCP for development and deployment of models
• Experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.