Deloitte Cloud Solutions Architecture/Google Cloud Platform Specialist Leader in Boston, Massachusetts
Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. As a key member of Architecture group, you will help ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
• Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
CBO Cloud Engineering Team
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy, Architecture & Transformation, Cloud Native & Application Development, APIs & Integration, Platforms & Infrastructure, and Cloud Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or with AWS or Azure.
• Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
• Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
• Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services based applications in public cloud Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
• Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• 15+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 8 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
• 10+ years project experience designing, migrating and deploying cloud based solutions in GCP
• 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
• Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect or Azure, AWS equivalent preferred.
• Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
• Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
• Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
• Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
• Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
• Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
• Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.