Deloitte Banking-as-a-Service - Product Development Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
BaaS - Product Development Manager
This full-time Product Development Manager role within Deloitte's Digital Banking Solutions offering will support Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) asset. The Digital Banking Solutions team supports Deloitte's biggest investments in hybrid businesses from incubate and launch through scale execution.
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino), and BaaS.
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
Deloitte's Banking-as-a-Service Offering
Built on the backs of our digital banking practice and decades supporting clients of all scale making the hard decisions of who to partner with, where to start, and how improve time to value. You can't solve today's challenges by focusing on single layer (experience, cloud, core) nor on a single vendor partner - so we've built an ecosystem solution that has the hard parts of integration, data standards, and core configuration already developed to enable banking solutions. We do this by plugging in fintech partners and existing capabilities (e.g., cards, BSA-AML) from a single framework that allows our clients launch new propositions at speed.
Work you'll do
Some core activities you will own as a Product Development Manager within BaaS's team include:
• Supports, with an engineering focus, one or more software engineering teams through Kanban/Scrum Agile methodologies and directly interfaces with offshore Product Development Managers
• Ensures team(s) maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
• Orchestrates Agile/Scrum ceremonies for the product development teams
• Provides visibility into delivery targets, commitments, and progress
• Is well managed - understands and coaches the team on delivery controls, compliance to minimize operational, and reputational risk
• Understands domain architecture and targets to identify upstream and downstream dependencies and to support the team in risk management
• Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
• Supports Release Train Engineers, Product & Tech Teams to remove impediments and manage dependencies for delivery
• Create efficiency where it does not exist, provide solutions that improve efficiency/scalability
• Lead reporting to executive, program, and supporting audiences
• Integrates Agile and Lean principles into team practices and work products
• Coaches Product Owner and team on backlog refinement and prioritization
• Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
• Innovates with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve the team and their delivery
• Developing understanding and encouragement of team's engineering innovation and improvement (engineering practices, DevOps, etc.)
• Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
• Developing ability to act as an Agile mentor and coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role
• Agile and Technical Learning: Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training, and independent study to further develop self and community
• Communicates with leaders across the organization on a regular basis to ensure transparency into delivery, risks, issues, etc.
• At least 2 years of Agile experience
• Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification
• 2+ years of experience with Jira and Atlassian product suite
• 4+ years of Agile experience
• SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
• Travel up to 50% (while 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.