Deloitte US E - EA - GPS Senior Analyst in Boca Raton, Florida
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Senior Analyst
The GPS Senior Analyst will prepare and analyze various data sets in support of the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) submission to the federal government and support related internal and external audits. Other responsibilities include reconciliation between systems and supplemental data, as well as supporting related analyses. This role will also work with the Incurred Cost Submission (ICS), Home Office, and GPS Cost Accounting teams as needed for data that crosses between teams. Lastly, as the responsibilities of the team continue to grow, other financial related activities and analyses will be assigned to this role.
The Rates and Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for preparing the GPS practice's direct and indirect cost rates as well as monitoring rate performance throughout the year and associated financial analyses. In addition, this role requires support of the systems and reports needed to prepare the submission. We are hiring a Senior Analyst to support developing the proposals, analytics, and supporting the audits related to the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) submission.
Work You'll Do:
As a Senior Analyst within your team, you will:
• Assist in preparation of various direct and indirect proposals included in the Forward Pricing Rate Proposals (FPRP).
• Validate TM1 system to ensure data reconciles with the CostPoint (GL) system.
• Test necessary changes and enhancements to systems.
• Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls, process improvements, and training
• Utilize multiple financial and reporting systems to research adjustments, analytics, and reconciliations.
• Support internal and external audits by gathering and compiling requested information. Present owned areas in audit walkthroughs as needed (e.g., pulling system data live, walking through reconciliations).
• Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations as needed for internal meetings
• Provide support to GPS Controller or GPS Rates & Regulatory Reporting Leader on special projects as assigned
• Ensure Desk Aids, instructions, and Business Policies and Procedure documents (BPPs) are clear, accurate, and up to date for owned tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
• Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Experience working with financial systems
• Excel skills required (v-lookups, sumifs, and pivot tables)
• Knowledge of accounting and financial principles; applicability to regulatory requirements (eg: Federal Acquisition Regulations) a plus. Strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $39,625 to $98,390.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.