Deloitte AWS Cloud Developer in Bethesda, Maryland
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS Developer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing extensive travel, and provides you with a full career path within the firm.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• AWS Cloud Developer will assist with the development, support and maintenance of solution in the AWS cloud environment. This person will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements, support, and troubleshoot efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for client solutions.
• Provide Requirements analysis and design solution for project
• Coordinate with the onsite and offshore developers with respect to issues and follow up
• Respond to customer queries/clarifications in a timely manner.
• Work closely with application development & support groups to ensure smooth go-live support
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud.
• Bachelor's degree required
3+ years with AWS Development
• Expertise in AWS core services like S3, Lambda, EC2, SNS, SQS, VPC & CloudWatch
• Strong notions of security best practices in AWS using IAM & KMS
• Proficiency in one of the scripting languages like Python or Java
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Past experience with the server less approaches using AWS Lambda, ECS or EKS is a plus.
Strong communication and collaboration skillset with Team lead experience.
Highly motivated, self-starter, and goal-oriented
Up to 10% Travel Annually
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.