Deloitte Pursuit Lead, Senior Manager, Sales Excellence, PCOE - National_Office in Baltimore, Maryland
Pursuit Lead, Senior Manager
Deloitte Consulting National Office / Sales Excellence / Pursuit Center of Excellence
Do you like the chase of a sales opportunity? Do you enjoy leading and working in teams? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment? Are you able to organize and motivate teams, while being flexible in a dynamic environment? Then we are looking for talent like you to join the Consulting Pursuit Center of Excellence team.
The Work You Will Do
As a Senior Manager Pursuit Lead in Consulting, you'll use your knowledge and experience to lead teams throughout the pursuit lifecycle for our largest, most complex, and most strategic sales opportunities, including strategy development, proposal creation, sales presentation, and closing to win.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the pursuit process: manage the development of the proposal and sales presentation efforts; own the project plan; lead status meetings; facilitate leadership reviews, and drive open issues to closure
• Develop value propositions: uncover the heart of client issues and craft compelling value propositions, using winning messages and stories to differentiate (written proposals and oral presentations)
• Drive content development: work proactively with leaders to identify subject matter experts who will address knowledge gaps; collaborate with writing/editorial, design, and sales colleagues to deliver quality sales materials with a creative and compelling visual story
• Domain expertise: facilitate solution knowledge and network development of assets, relationships and insights across a designated industry or practice; grow into a recognized leader who will help perpetuate its growth
• Quality reviews: provide oversight for quality of written proposals, strategic messaging, solution approach, price development and risk reviews
• Innovation leadership: serve as a leader to innovate and drive the firm's next generation of sales tactics and capability
The Sales Excellence Team
The U.S. Consulting Sales Excellence (SE) practice serves our Industries, Offering Portfolios, Hybrid Businesses and account teams in driving sales success. SE owns the sales lifecycle from identification and prioritization of the opportunity all the way through to closing the deal. The Sales Excellence organization comprises several workstreams including the Sales Executive organization, the Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE), Proposal Studio, Pricing & Commercial Deal Support (PCDS), Competitive Intelligence, our Value Center of Excellence, and the Neuroscience of Winning.
The team member will be aligned to the Consulting Professional National Office, comprised of professionals with various areas of focus that collectively provide mission critical services to support Consulting's overall success. Whether focused on project financials, quality and risk management, methods and tools, sales excellence, talent, leadership support, or other activities, these professionals ensure that our Firm operates efficiently and that our people can effectively serve clients every day. Our new Operating Model formalizes these functions so that we can continue to enhance their quality while providing our professionals a consistent talent experience and opportunities for growth.
Current Senior Manager, Experienced Manager, or equivalents
Bachelor's degree in a business, STEMI, or humanities-related discipline
Minimum seven years experience leading teams in a professional environment
Experience collaborating and building consensus across senior level team members e.g., PPMDs and SMs (or equivalents)
Confidence and ability to challenge, influence and negotiate outcomes
Passion for continually learning about Deloitte new solutions, technology assets, global capabilities, and methodologies
Exceptional project management skills, with a high focus on quality outcomes
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office business applications
Possess strong interpersonal skills and enjoy being a team player
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $146,000 to $266,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.