Deloitte US E-Consulting AMM Java Developer - Consultant CBO-AMI in Austin, Texas
Java Developer - Consultant
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Java Software Engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market.
Work you'll do
Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code
Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes in projects
Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
• 2-4 years of work experience with an object-oriented programming language
• Experience working as a programmer in Java, C#, or .NET
• Experience working with Cloud Service Providers, like AWS, Azure, and GCP
• Good knowledge of object-oriented design principles and software architectures
• Understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Enjoys coding for fun and enjoys demonstrating ideas or works in progress to other developer
• Comfortable researching and exploring the architecture of unfamiliar coding languages
• Experience in leveraging subject matter experts and other available resources in order to solve complex problems
• Knowledge of Unit testing and Test-Driven Development
• Good understanding of software build tools (Ant, Maven)
• Demonstrated understanding of tool-based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
+ + Must be willing to travel up to 50%
Must be willing to live and work in our office location:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.