Deloitte Cyber Security Specialist/Officer in Austin, Texas
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do:
As a Solution Senior Consultant within our US Delivery Center Cyber Risk team, you will:
• Work with Government & Public Services clients to mitigate cyber risk and threats
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
• Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks
• Understand how business functions operate and how industry trends impact a client's business
• Assessing or developing an organization's cyber risk strategy and posture, as it relates to data risk, cyber risk management, cyber risk frameworks and policies, and/or cyber risk measures, methods, and reporting
• Strategically drive the development and execution of risk assessments and mitigation plans to enhance the client's ability to identify, evaluate, prioritize, and mitigate risks
• Implement risk management solutions aligned to the client's vision and strategic priorities
• Deliver key messages with clarity, confidence, and poise to instill confidence in clients
• Drive development and implementation of cyber strategies targeted on key client's risk and business needs, and enhanced by leading practices
• Develop impactful reports and presentations that support the achievement of engagement goals and objectives
• Execute large scale cyber risk and security engagements across global customers by developing security strategies based on risk management and compliance requirements while maintaining metrics on milestones, customer satisfactions and profitability
Experience and thorough understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle to include a working knowledge of the each of the stages within the process.
3-5 years' experience conducting assessments per NIST 800-53, Rev.4 and Rev 5. at an Information Systems Security Officer level.
Information Security Policies and Standards development and documentation.
Security Training and Awareness program development and exercises.
Security Architecture assessment and development.
Creating documents such as System Security Plan (SSP), Security Assessment Report (SAR), Contingency Planning, Incident Response Plan, Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms)
2-5 years' experience working with tools such as ForgeRock, Archer GRC, Jira, ServiceNow is preferred.
Working knowledge of common assessment & authorization (A&A) application platforms e.g. eMASS, CSAM, Xacta, is also preferred.
Ability to obtain & maintain the required security clearance if needed.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Ability to travel up to 15%
• Previous Federal Consulting experience
• Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
• Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
• CISSP, CEH, CISM or CISA certifications
• Strong architecture, network and infra security, or next gen security expertise (agile/hybrid agile, cloud).
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you .
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture .
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
• The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,750 - $141,250.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.