Deloitte Consulting - UX Designer/Researcher - Human Capital as a Service in Austin, Texas
UX Designer / Researcher - Human Capital as a Service
The Human Capital Offering Portfolio focuses on helping organizations manage and sustain their performance through their most important asset: their people. Centered on five core issues, this Portfolio signifies to the market that we see Human Capital as a topic critical to the C-Suite. As we go-to-market we will show our clients that we serve more than HR organizations - from the CEO to CFO, Risk Manager to Business Unit leader-and that we deliver on our issues and help create value for our clients.
Human Capital As-A-Service
The Human Capital As-A-Service Asset Group brings together our products and capabilities into one integrated offering to create sustained relationships with our clients. Human Capital's Asset group will continue to evaluate and incorporate new products and operate services in our portfolio as we grow. We will help clients navigate the future through Research & Sensing, CulturePath, EngagePath and other products.
We are looking for a UX Designer with a passion for research to join our product team and help us continue to set the design vision for business applications used by Deloitte Human Capital clients and practitioners. This role will participate in key solutions within an existing product line and help develop new products. This person will be expected to work closely with asset managers and engineering teams. This role requires a self-starter, with strong communication skills, who enjoys collaboration across disciplines and whom is passionate about communicating the user's voice and incorporating it throughout the product design process.
Work You'll Do:
Iterate with product management to create mockups and prototypes based upon business requirements and user research
Establish UI guidelines and component styles
Ensure product uses/implement UI guidelines
Develop UX design solutions that are on strategy and reflect our brand's personality
Team up with engineers and senior leadership to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
and testing sessions
Participate in business and UI reviews with multi-disciplinary product teams
Represent the voice of the user(s) in business and product conversations and decisions
Prototype concepts for communication with the business, to aid in sales demos, development, and usability studies
Collaborate with other UX designers to translate requirements for use by engineering colleagues
Present, articulate, and sell ideas and recommendations to product management and business stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction , Human Factors, User Experience Design, Information Science or Computer Science or other related fields
• At least 5+ years of end-to-end design experience in the software product space
• Have experience shipping product and working closely with engineering partners
• Can conduct design workshops and requirements gathering with stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of User Research methods such as Usability Testing, Concept Testing, User Interviews, Unmoderated Remote Studies, User Surveys, Prototype Testing, Contextual Inquiry, Heuristic analysis, Competitive Analysis & Benchmarking etc.
• Experience Moderating both In-Person and Remote Study Sessions and synthesize into quality, actionable findings
• Ability to build personas & user journeys that demonstrate learnings from research studies. (experience designing workflows and wireframes is a plus.)
• Experience with responsive and mobile design
• Experience working with UX design teams focused on building business tool products
• Organized and able to juggle multiple projects with varied deadlines
• Proficient with Figma, InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe InDesign, or other visual design and wireframing tools
• Desire to learn and evolve as technology and user trends change
• Aware of and attentive to the details, but always cognizant of the bigger picture
• Experience working in an agile/lean UX environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Travel up to 15% (While up to 15% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Work examples needed: Examples of User Research Study Plans, Scripts & Findings Reports/Presentations, Workflows and Personas, Wireframes, Interactive Prototypes
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.