Deloitte Channel Sales Manager - Cloud Engineering (Google) in Austin, Texas
Deloitte is currently seeking a candidate for our Channel Sales Manager (CSM) role focused on Cloud transformations enabled by Google Cloud in the Central Region.
Channel Sales Managers (CSMs) are dynamic sales individuals focused on collaborating with Sales and Alliance leadership to create and capture value from our most strategic alliance partners. The CSM's impact is felt through the connectivity created between Deloitte's practices, alliances, and clients. The CSM accomplishes this through a relentless focus on vendor relationship management, innovative go-to-market sales programs, business development and market activation activities. CSMs will need to have strong networking skills, attention to detail, outstanding oral / written communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment across a matrixed organization.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte's businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors, these sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
Cloud CSMs are members of Deloitte's Cloud Engineering consulting business and work closely with Cloud Sales Executives and Cloud Engineering Principals/Managing Directors on securing relationships with Google Corporate Sales teams to uncover opportunities, develop territory sales strategies, and act as an advisor to pursuit teams throughout the sales process.
Work You will Do:
The CSM will act as the main point of contact for the Google sales team and is responsible for growing Deloitte's cloud business and alliance across the region.
The role involves:
• Fostering relationships with Google Account Managers/FSRs, and Regional Managers across dedicated region (utilizing these relationships to uncover new sales opportunities in the region)
• Assisting with business development activities by connecting the appropriate Deloitte Cloud Sales Executive and Deloitte Cloud PPMD team with the appropriate Google sales team for accounts
• Coordinate and execute quarterly business reviews with Deloitte and Google Sales/Alliance leadership
• Build and nurture early stage pipeline for the region
• Identifying, building, and executing innovative go-to-market programs and sales sprints with our alliance partners that generate new pipeline
• Creating awareness of Deloitte's Google capabilities with the respective vendors
• Partnering with the Cloud sector-specific Sales Executive to develop sales opportunities for the Cloud Engineering Practice
• Leading Google opportunity management process, including creating and updating relationship management system entries, reporting and maintenance
• Leading the alliance planning session preparation, including agenda development, research, materials gathering and consolidation, coordination among alliance leadership, logistics, as well as notes capture and report outs
• Supporting the alliance team in collecting and centrally storing relevant client materials (qualifications, proposals, etc.)
• Providing recommendations to Google leadership related to alliance management and infrastructure
• Collaborating with marketing teams to:
§ Propose ideas for alliance team to connect with clients, including customization of Deloitte eminence materials and distribution of relevant thought-leadership to key stakeholders
§ Identify brand differentiators at the client and create client-specific marketing materials
§ Promote Deloitte presence at vendor events to vendor contacts and Deloitte clients.
• Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with vendor team.
• Team player
• Project management experience (process-oriented) and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks
• Demonstrated success performing in a large matrixed organization
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - strong PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
• Ability to act autonomously, self-starter
• Quick learner with high energy and creative problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
• Understanding of Cloud Transformation and the Cloud technology ecosystem Bachelor's degree
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.