Deloitte Retail Operations Senior Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks Senior Consultants focused in our Retail practice. We are looking for candidates with depth in the retail industry as well as who have worked across industries.
Customer Strategy & Applied Design Senior Consultant
Customer Strategy & Applied Design is creating a new model for a new age-we're a creative agency and a consultancy. Creative design, state-of-the-art technology and your imagination merge here to create lasting impact for our clients. Our Deloitte strategy is to help clients define strategies, build brands, create experiences, and deliver platforms. We have put together the creative and the consultancy to provide the end-to-end services and our stores and retail operations team is a key part of our team.
As a practice, we deliver set of customer focused work:
• Customer Strategy | Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer value drivers and make choices about the markets and segments they serve through physical, digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize merchandising, pricing, strategy and operational decisions, and shape the most strategic issues on the c-suite agenda
• Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature, and power of interactions between the customer and the organization across the lifecycle of sales, marketing, and service at each and every touch point. As a practice we are always keenly focused on both the customer and the associate experience in a physical or digital retail environment; what we do and how we do it is always shaped by those experiences.
• Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype, and launch new businesses and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive growth. In the retail / store environment that means helping our clients make their strategies, initiatives, projects, etc., scalable & sustainable.
• Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision, and articulate "digital" as a business strategy aligned with the c-suites agenda - and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent.
Work you will do as a Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant, you will help lead engagements that focus on a retailer's digital / physical environment from advising on C-level strategy, to implementing said strategy as well as serve as an emerging leader in Deloitte Consulting's Customer Strategy & Applied Design practice. Work will include:
• Engagement Management and Delivery : Support the planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage strategy engagements; define deliverable structure and content; sample responsibilities include:
o Support development of go-to-market strategy for client
o Support the review and/or development of the associate or customer journey in a physical or digital retail environment
o Support / lead project management status and progress, prepare and present weekly steering reports, assess risks, manage delays and escalate issues to steering committees / project leadership
o Support project / client analytics, deliverable development
o Support / lead the development of operational, technological or strategic concepts for retail clients.
o Support client engagements that identify, design and implement operational / technology / process-oriented efficiencies for large retail companies
• Client Management: Support clients in making strategic decisions and implementing changes in areas within retail operations
• Practice Development & Eminence : Contribute to practical solutions and methodologies; contribute to the development of "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents
• People Development : Support the development of and lead junior practitioners
• 4+ years of professional experience in a consulting setting with demonstrable depth of knowledge
• Consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
Good understanding of physical and digital strategy and business execution via technology enablement in the retail landscape.
Experience leading value proposition design, market and competitive research, and in leading groups in workshop environments.
Demonstrated understanding of the adoption of technology and its impact to future operating models, organizational structures, and talent implications.
Demonstrated experience with strategy, design, and implementation
• Experience in corporate or store retail operations environment
• Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• A bachelor's degree
• Advanced degree in business / area of specialization
• Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
• Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resource
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.