Deloitte Deloitte Consulting, Government & Public Services - Summer Scholar (2023 Start) in Atlanta, Georgia
When organizations undergo significant changes, face difficult roadblocks, seek process efficiency or identify technological opportunities, they need a trusted advisor to help them drive decisions and navigate challenges. Our Summer Scholars collaborate with our clients to deliver strategies to help them adapt to their unique challenges, opportunities, and meet their objectives. We are seeking candidates with outstanding leadership experience, strong academic performance, and excellent communication skills to join our Government and Public Services practice.
Work You'll Do
As a Summer Scholar, you will be an integral member of a client service team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional problems, improve performance, and generate value for our clients. You can capitalize on our cross-industry presence to find your niche and build your individual brand within the organization. This person should have strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in specific areas, grow those related skills, and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the Summer Scholar role into skills-based profiles in order to best align each Summer Scholar with a focus area. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority. We are currently recruiting Summer Scholars whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
Actuarial Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar builds financial & mathematical models that can improve organizational performance and help clients make informed business decisions. This Summer Scholar also advises clients on complex business problems by interpreting large data sets using statistical methods to quantify risk. Majors : Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Applied AI Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar will architect, position, develop, design and deploy enterprise solutions which include components across the Artificial Intelligence spectrum, such as Chatbots, Virtual Assistants, Machine learning and Cognitive Sciences. This Summer Scholar will perform data studies and data discovery routines for video, voice, weblog, sensor, machine and social media data sources or mash ups of new and existing data sources. Majors : Applied AI, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science
Business Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar regularly employs a business first lens while solving problems and delivering practical solutions to clients. This Analyst demonstrates a breadth and depth of capabilities (e.g. project management, requirements gathering, data analysis, testing) and is prepared to take on a range of business and organizational challenges to deliver premier client service. This Analyst brings effective knowledge of various enabling applications, project management and related tools/techniques, and delivery approaches to advise, implement, and operate projects. Majors : Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar is interested in various technology landscapes and brings a technology-enabled approach to problem solving through elegant configurations or amateur hacking. From visioning stages through plan execution, this Summer Scholar works to inform clients' technology decisions, facilitate the scaling of capabilities, and promote the delivery of organization vision. This Summer Scholar utilizes improved business processes and technology-backed performance efficiencies to enhance client impact. Majors : STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
Data Summer Scholar
- This Summer Scholar leverages data analytics and technology skills to enable the use of data in decision making. This Summer Scholar designs and develops cloud based data processing pipelines, machine learning predictive models, data visualization dashboards and other data driven systems. Majors : Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other Quantitative Fields
Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar
This Summer Scholar has a pioneer mindset when it comes to technical solutioning. This Summer Scholar is a tinkerer, problem solver, programmer, and amateur hacker who enjoys applying these skills in their work. This Summer Scholar enjoys rolling up their sleeves to make things work and isn't afraid to challenge teammates and clients to push beyond conventional designs and thinking to develop deeper capabilities. This Summer Scholar is a future technical architect who wants to code now and in the future. Majors : Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other Technical degrees deep in programming languages
Our practitioners will be able to maintain the specialization they have built to date in certain areas while also learning how it connects to broader issues in the market. We are committed to continuously supporting our practitioners as they build skills in either one specific part of our business or across the business - our Portfolio is structured to facilitate this learning. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting.
Junior standing in a full-time academic program with target graduation dates between December 2023 and August 2024, with academic area of study in the following or related majors:
Actuarial Summer Scholar: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Applied AI Summer Scholar: Applied AI, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science
Business Summer Scholar: Business, Economics, Public Policy, Government, Psychology, Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources/Human Resources Management, Operations, Supply Chain, and other Liberal Arts majors
Business Technology Solutions Summer Scholar: STEM, Engineering, Information Management, Information Systems
Data Summer Scholar: Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, and other quantitative fields
Solutions Engineering Summer Scholar: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other technical degrees deep in programming languages
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
How You'll Grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you'll receive formal and informal mentorship and training. Our Summer Scholar training program provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based, hands-on exercises and activities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented consulting professionals, granting you access to ask questions and gain valuable real world experience while working on client engagements. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.