Deloitte Senior R&D AI Architect in Arlington, Virginia
Senior R&D AI Architect
The Senior R&D AI Architect will direct architecture of analytics and AI platforms being developed and managed by the Innovations & Platforms (I&P) team. While the initial focus will be on the platforms being developed by I&P, the person will be responsible more broadly for advising other parts of the Consulting business on AI technology trends.
Work you'll do
The Senior R&D AI Architect will lead the architectural direction of I&P's analytics and AIPlatforms, working in conjunction with the I&P architecture team to coordinate platform architecture with broader architecture direction. Technology platforms are a critical foundation to Deloitte's future, and the Chief AI Platform architect, a senior, experienced technologists who wishes to remain steeped in and hands-on with technology and dedicated to solving difficult technical problems, will be one of the preeminent leaders and visionaries for Deloitte in this area.
A summary of the expectations for Technology Fellows is provided below:
• Scan market for new technologies and trends and develop an aspirational architectural road map
• Lead team of architects in building the next generation of I&P AI platforms, including evolving existing platforms
• Cultivate strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders to develop platforms that are business focused
• Provide architectural oversight and direction to across all phases including ideation, prototyping, design, build and eventual enterprise deployment
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies.
• Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and initiatives.
• On-going sensing to continuously evaluate technology direction and vendors to define future roadmap
Offering customer-tailored services and deep industry insights, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help clients tackle their most complex challenges enabling them to seize new growth opportunities, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and stay ahead of customer demand. Developing and executing our clients' strategic vision, we help them dramatically improve their business performance across a broad range of specialties - enterprise model design, global business services, outsourcing, real estate, and location strategy.
Our Deloitte Innovations and Platforms teams are working on delivering innovative next-generation solutions across a range of domains and industries (e.g. supply chain management, banking/insurance, CPG, retail, etc.).
It is a fast-paced, innovative and exciting environment. Our teams work with the latest technologies across a wide range of artificial intelligence and cloud technologies. We are building and bringing solutions to market which we are hosting and operating for our clients.
• 15+ years' experience in architecting, designing, developing, and deploying enterprise solutions, based on client or business vision
• Experience in startup or enterprise product development, managing large-scale full-life cycle implementations of highly available and performant systems
• 5 years working in enterprise setting with proven results
• Excellent communication and analytics skills; ability to effectively explain complex architecture; experience presenting to decision makers to present and sell ideas to various technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience defining cross-platform enterprise architectural plans and distributed applications, including mapping business requirements to the system / technology components
• Experience identifying and resolving potential trade-offs or conflicts among architectural options, and ability to align this with business outcomes; ability to communicate complex architecture
• Strong understanding of architecture leading practices and associated tools
• Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, RUP, other)
• 3+ years in cloud, preferably AWS. Experience in cloud, data, infrastructure, APIs, and front-end technologies
• 3 years working in the space of Big Data and AI, with expertise in data analytics solutions in the Cloud
• Experience with building modular architectures with micro-services
• 5+ years in major programming language
• Expert in data pipelines, streaming, in-memory computing, and map-reduce
• General business knowledge in a domain / industry (e.g. demand planning / forecasting, financials, etc.)
• Certifications in one or more leading cloud providers: GCP, Azure, AWS (e.g. AWS Solution Architect)
• Experience supporting pursuits as a subject matter advisor
• Awareness of industry standards and certifications
• Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.