Deloitte Program Scheduler in Arlington, Virginia
Work you ll do
Deloitte is looking for a Program Scheduler to lead efforts working with the client and Deloitte PMO team to develop and maintain a program IMS. Tasks may include:
- Evaluate trends and forecast projections, for schedule efficiency, and notify the DMDC program manager well in advance of potential negative project impacts.
- Prepare and Maintain an IMS
- Prepare and manage a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)-based IMS for programs / projects through the utilization of any Government Furnished scheduling software used
- Participate in IMS reviews of risks and issues in coordination with the IV&V contractor, System Integrator (SI), and Functional and PM Government teams.
- Coordinate with the System Integrator to maintain the IMS by providing input as required.
- Assist in determining the impact of proposed changes to project schedules, project operations, resources, software configurations, and modifications.
- Review all outputs of draft/final system integrators schedules for completeness and technical accuracy
- Schedule and coordinate tasks among Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) / Working IPTs (WIPTs).
- Ensure each program/project IMS encompasses all deliverables and resources required within the scope of the project
- Ensure dependencies are properly integrated into the IMS and that a critical path can be identified
- Ensure activities are included for all disciplines and support functions.
- Ensure inclusion of all program documentation requirements.
- Relate schedules to the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) clearly defining when all tasks start and finish.
- Maintain the portfolio of DMDC programs / projects in the IMS as the day-to-day tool for planning, executing, and tracking program technical, schedule, and cost status, including risk mitigation efforts.
- Produce weekly IMS status reports.
- Coordinate scheduled activities to complete program or project objectives
- Develop and manage a comprehensive schedule of contractual, modernization activities and infrastructure upgrades.
Our Operations Transformation team focuses on transforming our clients core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions focused on heart of the business issues in specific sectors including Health Care, Banking & Securities, Insurance, and Energy & Resources. The type of work we provide to our clients includes Operations Excellence, Payment & Care Model Innovation and Emerging Business Models.
Our clients seek a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and technical business operations consulting experience to take a more strategic view of our clients priorities, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Program Scheduler or similar function.
Experience with MS Project Server and SharePoint
S trong analytical skills
How you ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. at https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html
Deloitte s culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte s impact on the world. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. at http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.