Deloitte Lead Data Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Lead Data Engineer – Remote
Do you want to build your brand by working for a leading consulting firm that drives eminence in the marketplace? Are you interested in leveraging your analytical skills and strategic ideas to improve mission execution? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you!Our GPS Strategy and Analytics team brings deep industry expertise, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to help solve our client’s most complex business problems.Join our team and play a key role in helping to design our clients’ roadmap to the future and help transform the GPS marketplace.
Work you’ll do
As a Lead Data Engineer within our Analytics and Cognitive team you will create and manage schedules for data management (migration, integration, etc.) efforts, work with clients to validate migrated data, and work with Agile development teams to understand changes and their impacts towards data migration efforts.
In addition, the Data Engineer will:
· Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
· Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
· Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
· Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
· Provides coaching to junior staff
· Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
· Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence. Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the GPS marketplace..
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
· Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
· Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
· Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
· Ability to obtain & maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Secret)
· 5 years of professional experience.
· 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer or ETL Developer
· 5 years of experience with database design & architecting data integrations
· 5 years of SQL and Postgres experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Ability to reverse engineer existing data models into conceptual and logical data model constructs.
· 5 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
· Advanced Python, NoSQL
· Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.