Deloitte Full Stack Developer (Vue.Js) in Arlington, Virginia
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment to help clients to solve their most complex and exciting business challenges? Do you enjoy working with the latest development technology that will stretch your abilities and advance your career? If you are a skilled Full Stack Engineer who enjoys working in a team environment, you could be a great match for this position.
Deloitte is seeking an experienced engineer who can take a set of requirements, research implementation options, clearly present solution design approaches and trade-offs, facilitate technical decision discussions, lead implementation and development efforts, architect and build products, setup CI/CD pipeline infrastructure, and deploy/maintain/operate production systems.
• The Full Stack Engineer works on the product development team with developers, data scientists, QA engineers, UI/UX designers, and product managers to build software products using an agile approach. The engineer creates architecture diagrams and informs product implementation, roadmaps, and vision.
• This Full Stack Engineer will bring working knowledge of multiple frameworks, driving and improving development processes and best practices. This engineer is a high impact individual who wears many hats and commits code, owning development tasks from start to finish.
• Work with development team and product managers to ideate software solutions and research implementation options and trade-offs
• Participate in requirements analysis and definition sessions and contribute to/create engineering level-of-effort estimates
• Recommend implementation approaches using fact-driven reasoning
• Provide technical implementation inputs for user stories/tech debt/defects
• Review, design, and refine technical architecture to best meet the needs of the product objectives
• Produce and maintain technical architecture system diagrams and documentation
• Implement proof of concepts to explore and validate ideas
• Own complex, multiple sprint initiatives from definition through execution that may include significant challenges such as major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration, or exceptionally difficult technical requirements
• Design, build, test and deploy HTML5 single page web applications and micro- service APIs with a keen focus and understanding of the underlying technologies and how all the pieces fit together
• Build back-end components and RESTful APIs using Python, NodeJS, Scala, Celery, RabbitMQ, and a variety of databases (relational, graph, NoSQL)
• Make improvements to existing features and functionality
• Dive into existing code, make sense of it, get it working, and devise plan to make it maintainable
• Build new features and functionality by writing clean, functional, and well documented code
• Own and complete development tickets during sprints
• Implement and run unit tests and work closely with QA Engineers to confirm successful functionality
• Act as leader in DevOps and maintain/improve CICD process & cloud infrastructure (GitLab CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm)
• Perform code reviews
• Mentor other team members
• Facilitate critical technical decision discussions, de-escalate conflicts, and build consensus between team members to drive the best technical or architectural decisions
• Review and refine team development processes to ensure efficiency and alignment with best practices
• Proactively communicate status updates
• Clearly articulate technical details to a non-technical, executive level audience
Required Qualifications :
• 5+ years of experience designing, building, launching, and maintaining web- based software-as-a-service software products
• 5+ years with Vue.js,
• 8+ years of back-end / API development experience (at least one of the following: Python, NodeJS, Scala)
• 8+ years of working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environments
• 8+ years of DevOps experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, GitLab CI/CD or equivalent)
• 8+ years working with relational, graph, or NoSQL databases (at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, ArangoDB, Neo4J)
• AWS Certifications and experience implementing solutions using AWS services (EKS, ECR, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, etc.)
• Mastery/Expertise in Vue.js, Bootstrap, D3.js
• Mastery/Expertise in Python and NodeJS
• Mastery/Expertise in PostgreSQL, ArangoDB, Cassandra
• Mastery/Expertise in DevOps (GitLab CI/CD, containers and orchestration, Helm, Docker, Kubernetes)
• Strong experience in ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and Data Processing
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.