Deloitte Finance Technical Consultant in Arlington, Virginia
Finance Operations Technical Consultant
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in its core culture? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Government & Public Services Financial specialists who support large scale financial transformations by leveraging cutting edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Work you’ll do
As a Consultant within our Finance & Enterprise Performance team you will:
• Work with customers to implement enterprise solutions primarily for the Office of the CFO
• Improve business processes around budget formulation, budget execution, financial reporting and analysis
• Participate in application development lifecycle to include process redesign, system design, Agile development, data integration, training and ongoing support to customer personnel
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Provide financial analysis/Budget formulation to large data sets
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Finance & Enterprise Performance
Our Finance & Enterprise Performance team works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
• 1 year of relevant consulting or industry experience in financial analysis, transformation or strategic initiatives
• Experience with PL/SQL (at least 1 year)
• Experience with software for finance and accounting processes (i.e. Oracle EPM/Hyperion, IBM Cognos, OneStream, Anaplan) (at least 1 year)
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as OBIEE, Tableau Software, Power BI, and Qlik (at least 1 year)
• Experience working with ETL applications (at least 1 year)
• Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
• Cloud migration experience
• Understanding, analyzing and articulating common business processes and decisions to develop easy to use customer solutions
• Excellent analytical ability
• Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to effectively operate independently or in a team environment
• Outstanding MS Office and data modeling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Category: Management Consulting
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.