Deloitte Data Scientist with TS Clearance in Arlington, Virginia
Description - External
Are you a subject matter expert with an analytical, data-driven mindset? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a "back office programmer" position? If so, Deloitte's Government & Public Services (GPS) Regulatory & Legal Support team is the place for you! Join our team of specialists as they unlock insights contained in the data universe and work through challenges related to the identification of improper payments, data quality, mission-oriented analysis, and cost management.
Work you'll do
As a Data Scientist within our Regulatory & Legal Support team, you will:
• Facilitate use of technology-based risk assessment tools or methodologies to review, design and implement solutions
• Help accelerate clients' discovery and delivery of identity and network-based intelligence insights to counter national security threats and malicious actors
• Supply advanced exploitation methods, models, and emerging technologies and work side-by-side with mission customers and fellow analytics team members to drive data science support to the entire intelligence cycle
• Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
• Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
• Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
• Provide coaching to junior staff
• Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
• Manage own personal and professional development; seek opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
• Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding interpretive value to data presented or experienced insight into a functional process or issue
• Identify and solve the data-analytics problems related to client's mission
• Work with mission analysts to help identify, clean and validate various data sets to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
• Determine which data sets and variables are needed and collect large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources to address client's mission
• Analyze data to identify patterns, trends, and interpret the data to discover solutions and opportunities and communicate findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's GPS practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the GPS marketplace.
Advisory Regulatory & Legal Support mitigates current and future risk for our GPS clients across several industries, spanning from finance and audit readiness to forensics and healthcare. With a creative and innovative approach, our Regulatory & Legal Support team exposes our clients' risks and provides recommendations to improve the quality of data. We collaborate closely with government agencies, accountants, IT professionals, and clients to produce analyses in support of risk consulting engagements.
• Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain a SCI.
• Bachelors with 2 years of experience, or Associates with 4 years of experience; Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business Analytics disciplines, or related area
•Experience implementing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms.
•Experience with data cleaning and ETL scripts.
•Experience executing data science methodologies using common programming/scripting languages, such as Python, Java, Scala, and R.
•Experience leveraging data analysis to construct compelling narratives.
•Experience extracting features from data stored in a wide range of possible formats, including JSON, XML, raw text logs, industry-specific encodings, and graph link data.
•Experience executing data science method using parallel computing frameworks (e.g., deeplearning4j, Torch, Tensor Flow, and distributed data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop and Spark).
•Experience with Relational Databases and Querying languages (SQL. CAML)
•Comfortable with Agile Methodology / SCRUM development, JIRA, Confluence
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Previous Federal Consulting and/or professional services experience
• Experience with graph databases
• Experience with statistical methodologies
•Familiarity with and experience developing in Govt cloud environments (C2S, ICGC), Custom Application Development Windows, and Admin/Scripting.
•Familiarity with AWS/cloud development and solutions architecture.
• Certified in SAS, ACL, CPA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, FRM, ASA, and/or CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.