Deloitte Clinical Data Scientist in Alexandria, Virginia
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you'll do
The Clinical Data Scientist drives the efficiency of the larger project through clinical evidence evaluation, algorithm design, and business process improvement. In this role you will leverage your data analysis skills to find, evaluate, and aggregate scientific literature, as well as apply Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) and text mining analytics to this literature to create operational efficiencies. The role encompasses the creation and use of classification algorithms to evaluate the relevance of scientific literature and then extract keywords and relevant information for review.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
• Doctorate degree in a STEM related field
• 5+ relevant experience within data science
• Experience with Python
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, d3.js and other web application technologies, or equivalent
• Proficiency with data extraction, transformation and modeling
• Experience with a wide range of analytics techniques, such as statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, simulation, or closely related techniques
• Strong strategic communication skills to include presenting quantitative concepts in easy to understand formats and actively listening to identify business problems and their causes
• Must be able to obtain/maintain the required clearance
• Travel up to 25%
• 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• Familiarity with time-series data manipulation and analysis
• Experience working with large datasets in a cloud computing environment (preferably AWS)
• Confidence to drive assignments to completion
• Eagerness to learn and develop
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.