Deloitte Crisis Manager in Albany, New York
Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory's Strategic Risk practice.
Work you'll do
As a Manager within our practice you will:
• Analyze complex policy documents to assist clients in understanding policy implications and help guide decision-making processes
• Help clients enhance their strategic risk awareness in the areas of crisis management and grants management
• Facilitate use of technology-based risk assessment tools or methodologies to review, design and implement solutions
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
• Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
• Assist in proposal development, as requested
• Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
• Identify, assess, prioritize, mitigate, and monitor enterprise risks
• Interact with C-Suite executives around risk issues and the highest levels of the organization
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Crisis & Grants Management team delivers innovative, connective, human-centered and sustainable crisis and grants management services to help organizations and communities prepare for, prevent, respond to, recover from and mitigate risks caused by operational disruptions and crises. We help our clients define future state visions, develop strategic roadmaps, establish governance infrastructure, operationalize processes, measure and monitor performance, innovate through technology, and deliver quality program outcomes in an expedited, cost effective and compliant manner. Together we create more resilient communities and responsive ecosystems through incident action planning, grant risk assessments, improving grant processes and operations, future and contingency planning, and data analytics.
• Bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Crisis Management, Political Science, Business Administration, or related field
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in policy writing, analysis, and advisement, legislative affairs, or similar, related work
• Ability to interface with numerous executive stakeholders on highly complex issues
• Crisis management and crisis response experience preferred, but not required
• Proven experience leading complex teams and managing daily execution of projects, effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Ability to obtain & maintain the required security clearance
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Ability to integrate government operation models of governing policies, procedures, internal controls, strategic planning, and enterprise risk management
• Reporting data for management and decision-making
• Experience with business development
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.