Deloitte Pursuit Manager (Proposal Writing/Management) - Consulting - Central Region in Kansas City Missouri United States
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients will be heard. Deloitte Services LP is currently searching for a Pursuit Manager to work with senior partners and other client service-focused and sales professionals in support of priority competitive opportunities. The overall role involves managing and leading all aspects of proposal and presentation development, traveling as necessary (up to 25%25) to be on the ground with pursuit teams when appropriate. Primary focus will be on serving Deloitte Consulting LLP.
- Work collaboratively, both in-person and remotely, with client service professionals at all levels of seniority to identify client decision makers, client needs, and key messages and differentiators.
- Advise engagement team on effective pursuit and messaging strategies. Lead calls or meetings and devise pursuit strategies in real time. Present and persuade in a variety of forums.
- Interact with client service professionals and provide strategic communication insights, input, and leadership; command respect in teaming environments and be a significant contributor within this setting.
- Demonstrate comprehensive project management skills, by driving teams with 10 to 50 contributing members and multiple critical milestones
- Actively develop and maintain relationships with leaders for the purpose of building an internal professional network and obtaining intelligence on pursuit opportunities. Network across functions, industries and regions to enlist support to achieve objectives.
- Navigate the complexities of priority pursuits in order to understand and influence the interplay of team dynamics while managing their demands and expectations.
- Negotiate, mediate conflicts and disputes, and quickly reach an agreement or compromise.
- Manage and work collaboratively with external consultants and coaches.
- Develop, organize, and manage content for proposal documents and related collateral. Manage contribution process, maintain version control, and take ownership of all components including the executive summary, graphics, bios, and qualifications.
- Apply brand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations, taking advantage of all available tools and resources. Work collaboratively with graphic design professionals to develop creative and information graphics. Provide overall quality control for all pursuit materials.
- Translate complex problems and issues into clear and compelling messages. Edit highly technical content and add clarity and professional polish without changing the meaning.
- Plan and prioritize personal workload as well as those of other sales and marketing resources under your direction. Work with pursuit team members to determine project needs and delegate tasks.
- Ensure extended support resources are in place from regional pursuit teams, Document Creative Services (DCS), and/or SM&BD India
- Provide comprehensive presentation coaching to engagement teams. Serve as the point of contact for the pursuit team during the pursuit process.
- Coordinate with account-focused marketers on prioritized client account activities relevant to the pursuit process. Use account history to develop clear and strategic messaging.
- Engage and direct competitive intelligence, knowledge management, and other resources to compile research, trends, account history, and client relationship matrices that inform messaging.
- Advise and influence leadership to implement sophisticated marketing practices on pursuits to increase the odds of winning. Influence and persuade others to support effective practices and approaches they may not understand or initially agree with.
- Participate in pursuit debriefs. Develop processes and standards in response to learnings.
Participate in and/or drive initiatives aimed at developing or improving support services. Qualifications include:
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong executive presence
- Experience and foresight to anticipate potential issues and devise contingency plans
- Prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a provided strategic direction
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Superior Microsoft Office skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, English/Journalism, Marketing, Management, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of prior relevant experience
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com. Category: Business Development / Sales / Marketing